Join the Children’s Museum of the Black Hills
Board of Directors!
Children’s Museum of the Black Hills is looking for enthusiastic members of our community to join our Board of Directors! Members of the Board of Directors will participate in discussions on important policy matters of the Museum. This group of individuals is the governing body of the organization has fiduciary responsibility for the overall management and finances of the museum.
About Children’s Museum of the Black Hills
Our Mission Statement: Children’s Museum of the Black Hills inspires all children and families to dream big dreams. Through creative play, exploration, and discovery the Museum sparks a culture of learning in families and the community.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Providing necessary developmental early childhood opportunities for all children in the region, regardless of income level.
- Providing a forum to unite different cultures around the needs and aspirations of their children.
- Providing rich and engaging indoor family activities during winter months.
- Increasing the impact of Rapid City’s downtown revitalization by expanding offerings for families with young children.
- Increasing the quality of life for young families in Rapid City, therefore encouraging educated and trained workers to stay in the region.
- Demographic: Birth to 12 years old.
Board of Directors: Information and Responsibilities
- Board Meetings: Attend monthly Board Meetings.
- Time: Approximate time commitment is 8 hours per month.
- Special Events: Must purchase in tickets to fundraisers, and attendance at three (3) CMBH events throughout the year.
- Committees: Join and participate in at least one (1) special sub-committee: Fundraising, Development, or Outreach
For Consideration: Please contact Lily Bruckner, Board President for a Board of Director Application. Once completed, please submit the application and current resume.
Dr. Lily Bruckner, Founder and Board President
Lily@ChildrensMuseumBH.org or (605) 545-0623